The Federal Start up Visa Program has four main requirements, if successful, an entrepreneur can travel to Canada with accompanying family members and up to 4 business partners/investors with a work permit to begin establishing their business. While an applicant is preparing their Startup, they are welcome to apply for permanent residence as they build their business in Canada.
1. be a qualified Business- A qualified Business is a business that incorporates and operates in Canada -each applicant along with investors, must each hold %10 or more voting rights -applicants along with an entity (see three groups below) must have at least %50 of total voting rights
2. Receive a Commitment Certificate from one of these three groups: A) Angel Investor-$75,000 investment, can be combined two Angels, B) Venture Capital Fund-$200,000. Can be combined of two Ventures C) Business Incubator- Letter of Acceptance to an Incubator Program
*Application for PR must be submitted within 6 months of receiving the Support Letter (valid for 6 months only)
3. Language Requirements-(Valid, less than 2 years old) -CLB 5 in Reading, writing, speaking, listening. Can be Celpip (recommenced) or IELTS General
4. Have at least %50 Settlement Funds according to Canada’s LICO for urban areas, and additional amount for spouses and dependents.
○ All Applicants must be Admissible to enter Canada
○ Must not be Inadmissible due to Security Reasons, Serious Criminality, Criminality, Health Reasons or any listed under the Immigration Refugee Protection Regulations.
○ Please provide any questions or concerns about your Admissibility in the Assessment tool for a private Consult!
○ (Discussion of Eligibility, Admissibility, and those who may be exempted from the program are not all listed above)
contact us for more information