Canada Federal Skilled Trades

canada visa

Canada Federal Skilled Trades

The Federal Skilled Trades Program is through the Express Entry and available for individuals within the Skill Level ‘B’ in the NOC code system.  Successful candidates can acquire Permanent Residents by their contribution to Canada and their ability to become economically established.  Examples of Skill Level B NOC Jobs:

Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades • Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades • Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production • Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators • Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks • Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers

*Each NOC Code has a Lead Statement and lists Main duties, you must have performed the main duties in the lead statement for at least 2 years full time within the five years of applying.

Language Requirements:

*Test results are valid for 2 years.  They must be valid on the day you apply for permanent residence.

Work Experience

Have at least 2 years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade, within the five years prior to applying.   The work experience must be directly related to the Lead Statement listed for the NOC Code, as well as performing many of the main and essential duties.

○ Have a valid Full Time Job Offer that is at least 1 year or

○ Have a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal authority

*The Red Seal endorsement provides interprovincial mobility.

Education There is no education requirement for the Federal Skilled Trades Program. You can improve your eligibility by submitting a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian Learning Institute.

*If you have foreign education, you will need an Educational Credential Assessment report showing that your education is equal to a Canadian certificate, diploma or degree.

Canada Federal Skilled Trades

Proof of funds

You must show that you have the required Settlement Funds, or are currently working in Canada, or have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada


All Applicants must be Admissible to enter Canada

Must not be Inadmissible due to Security Reasons, Serious Criminality, Criminality, Health Reasons or any listed under the Immigration Refugee Protection Regulations.

Please provide any questions or concerns about your Admissibility in the Assessment tool for a private Consult!

(Discussion of Eligibility, Admissibility, and those who may be exempted from the program are not all listed above)

Please fill an ASSESSMENT to start your online Express Entry application for Federal Skilled Trades!

contact us for more information