To be eligible for the self-employed program an applicant must be prepared to meet the definition of self-employed according to IRPR. If you are prepared to meet high expectations in a ‘specific economic activity’, and have ‘relevant experience’, and can provide a business that makes a ‘significant contribution’, then maybe self-employed is for you. For those who are passionate about cultural activities or have a significant relationship to athletics (coach, world class athlete), Although most self-employed are assumed to be world class individuals, it is possible to convince an Immigration Officer that even a smaller scale business may be interpreted as a ‘Significant Contribution’ example (dance instructor in a small town).
○ Have 2 years of relevant experience out of the last 5 years in Cultural Activities, ‘ (authors and writers, musicians, painters, sculptors, athletes and coaches, comedians and actors)
○ Have at least 2 years of International activities, or a combination of 1 year self-employed as an athlete and 1 year of International experience
○ Achieve a minimum of 35 points out of 100, which is calculated from your relevant experience, age, language ability, adaptability in Canada
○ Be able to demonstrate the intention and ability to be self-employed and economically established in Canada
○ All Applicants must be Admissible to enter Canada
○ Must not be Inadmissible due to Security Reasons, Serious Criminality, Criminality, Health Reasons or any listed under the Immigration Refugee Protection Regulations.
○ Please provide any questions or concerns about your Admissibility in the Assessment tool for a private Consult!
○ (Discussion of Eligibility, Admissibility, and those who may be exempted from the program are not all listed above)
contact us for more information