Canada Temporary Foreign Worker Program (Restricted Work Permits)

If a foreign national does not have an open work permit, they may qualify for a restricted work permit.  To work in Canada under the TFWP, FN must work for a qualified Employer that has demonstrated they have done all they can to first hire Canadian Citizens or Permanent Resident.  A successful Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) allows employers to enter into a contract with ESDC and the foreign national for employment.  TFWP are placed into two main programs, low wage stream and High wage stream.  Most Low wage employment is temporary and rarely fit into Permanent Residence Programs, most High streams have options!