Canada Post Graduate Work Permit Program

Canada Post Graduate Work Permit Program

Canada Post Graduate Work Permit Program

The PGWPP is a great opportunity for students who are seeking Permanent Residence.  Those who qualify are authorized to remain in Canada with an Open Work Permit valid to the amount of time of study, up to three years maximum. Students who transition into the PGWPP after graduation can add their work experience to a Permanent Residence Program such as Express Entry!


○ Must have a valid Study Permit when applying (Not Expired)

○ Studied full time in Canada at a Post-Secondary Institute (must be on the Designated Learning Institute List)

○ Graduate from a program 8 months or longer (Permits are only valid for the length of study)

○ A Letter from the Learning Institute that they are or will obtain a certificate, diploma, or degree at the time of applying.

*Workers can have an Open Work Permit equal to the study period.   Work extending beyond three years under the PGWP requires an LMIA.

Canada Post Graduate Work Permit Program


All Applicants must be Admissible to enter Canada

Must not be Inadmissible due to Security Reasons, Serious Criminality, Criminality, Health Reasons or any listed under the Immigration Refugee Protection Regulations.

Please provide any questions or concerns about your Admissibility in the Assessment tool for a private Consult!

(Discussion of Eligibility, Admissibility, and those who may be exempted from the program are not all listed above)

contact us for more information


About Us

Shuter Consulting Immigration Services exists to fulfill Canada’s Immigration Regulations (IRPR) in regards to, ‘.. maximize the social, cultural, and economic benefits’ and to support their vision for Canadian Immigration’ Sec 3 (a) VPIS also seeks ‘ to enrich and strengthen the social and cultural fabric of Canadian society while respecting the Federal, bilingual, and multicultural character of Canada’, Sec.3 (b) by representing Clients needs when they apply to IRCC Immigration Programs to VISIT, become a PERMANENT RESIDENT, or immigrate through ECONOMIC IMMIGRATION to Canada.

The latest contents

Ontario holds first International Student stream draw
Express Entry For Couples
work in Canada during the pandemic
Ontario PNP draw
extend your stay as a visitor in Canada
Canada’s international graduates: Don’t lose hope
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
Canada BC PNP
facilitate granting of permanent residence
  • +1 (604) 600 4204 _ +1 (604) 831 0707
  • Suite 200-100 Park Royal, West Vancouver BC V7T1A2 Canada